Person Centered Services of Western New York (PCSWNY) is a collaborative organization established by a group of local non profit service providers focused on caring for people with developmental disabilities
PCSWNY recently received funding from the state Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) through the New York Balancing Incentive Program (BIP) Transformation Fund.
The grant will allow PCSWNY to provide both technical and training assistance activities to agencies, which will help build the program and human resources capacities necessary to launch a regional care coordination service line in preparation for the transition to managed care. Medicaid Service Coordinators throughout Region 1 will receive Personal Outcome Measures (POMs) training through the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL), as well as trainings through the Center for Human Services Education.
The goal of PCSWNY is to ensure that the future DD service system will be lead by mission-based, experienced service providers who embody a person-centered philosophy, and understand the necessity of maximizing efficiency, while protecting what is unique and important to serving individuals with DD.
All individuals in Region 1 with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities will have access to the residential and direct services they require – including care coordination, mental health and physical health – and the greatest possible choice of quality providers.
PCS is an organization that is…
- A diverse group of providers with a desire to collaborate with individuals, families, and other providers by focusing on the whole person
- Dedicated to the belief that effective Care Coordination empowers individuals, families, and/or natural supports to achieve personal goals and desires
- An innovative, creative organization that values diversity and treats all individuals with dignity and respect
- Focused on person centered practices in the most normal environments possible
- Committed to full transparency when assessing, planning and monitoring care
- Consistent and clear when communicating with and educating individuals, their families and/or natural supports to make informed choices
- Aligned with providers who have a proven track record of delivering high quality services and embracing a person centered philosophy
- Committed to ensuring timely access to quality and affordable care
- An active leader in the evolution of the changing reimbursement environment, demonstrating fiscal responsibility and accountability